Saturday, March 04, 2006

Francisco Ayala prepares for his 100th birthday

The world-renowned Granada-born novelist, Francisco Ayala, has attended the official ceremony in Madrid to set up a National Commission for his centenary celebrations, just 14 days away.

Born in 1906, Ayala says that his 100th birthday will mean a ‘complete change of perspective’ for him, as, he said, ‘I only live in the present, and I only have a past. I am a man at the end of life, and that has brought me to reflect, which means a complete change of perspective, as I no longer make any plans... I live the past, and I return to the past time and time again. I want everyone to be able to enjoy that experience,’ he said.


You can find the article here

Find Francisco Ayala's Books at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment